Wednesday, April 25, 2007

An (un)Inspiring AI

So the idea of "One Hit Wonder Night" would have been better than "Inspiration" night on American Idol. And where was Bono? 60 minute show, 6 contestants... so that's 10 minutes per performance/commercial break right? WRONG!!! More "feel good" and more commercials so still only aobut 4 minutes per person.

I see why they got rid of Sanjaya - he just wouldn't have fit on the "Give Back" show.

1) Jordin - I'll give you the "Rogers and Hammerstein" clue.... what musical is it from? No, not Sound of Music. Did you even know it was from a musical? That was pretty good and honestly she didn't do as good as Elvis did. Yes, I have that recording of the King if anyone's interested. So back to Jordin, she may be the new favorite to win.
2) Melinda - sounded like a James Bond theme.... I think she has a future in that area for some reason. It was pretty good and I agree with "very original" performance.
3) Blake - Here's how I see this.... People like that song so the "over 30" crowd will vote based on the song, the under 25 females are going to vote for him because "he's cute", and since he was bottom 3 last week the "Wheeler Theory" will come into effect and he'll be safe. He's smart but I'd still rather have an upbeat performance with beatboxin'! Has he done that in a while?
4) Lakisha - She was last week's bottom 2 so this week the "Wheeler Theory" should kick in but of the three ladies, she was the weakest. I thought she kicked some ass compared to the weeks past but will the votes for her come in?
5) Chris Timberlake - Still has the Justin look going on. I thought the performance was ok, but he just doesn't have the appeal to win this thing. Going first will hurt too - bottom 3.
6) Phil - He's the last one that "needs to go" so we can get on with the real competition. That was a pretty crappy performance. American Idol should "give back" the 4 minutes I lost listening to that. Plus I hate Country. Should have gone with Elvis like a real winner would have!

So hopefully we see the beautiful Kelly Clarkson tonight.... maybe a duet with Bono? That'd be pretty kick ass. Unfortunately, rumor has it that Celine Deon is singing.... glad I have DVR to fast forward through that crap!

Not much else is new today.... so any random thought I have, I'll just save for tomorrow!

Haiku of the Day
Work five days a week
Sometimes six and long hours
Is it Friday yet??????


Book of the Day - I finished Mitch Albom's For One More Day last night (very quick read as is usual for his books). It was pretty good and another typical "Happy Feal Good" story that he is known for. Not sure how many more of these I can go through. But I recommend it to anyone who needs a pick up in life, or just wants to read a well thought through book. And of course the "twist" at the end was pretty cool. Pick it up at your local library today! And yes, that's 3 books for me in the past 2 weeks or so which is probably more than I read in 5 years of college (text books included... thus my "average" GPA).

Weblink of the Day - The bunnies are back with parts 1 and 2 of Pirates of the Caribbean!!

OR

This week's cartoon from HomeStar Runner on dating.... I need to take tips from The Cheat!!

OR

if cartoon's aren't your bag baby - how about this article from Forbes on IBM and Google? And a possible comparison to McDonalds?!?!?! We don't have the orange drink around here although that might be kind of cool!

No comments: