Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Reflections on Santa

So last year I asked for some things from Santa and here's how I fared:
  • ISU victory in football (and now basketball just for good measure) - CHECK!!
  • Prince tickets in Vegas - Prince in Minneapolis will do - CHECK!!
  • No harddrive or computer crashes - CHECK!!
  • No more Pussy Cat Dolls - CHECK!!
  • More White House resignations - CHECK CHECK!!
  • New iPod (old one just couldn't get fixed) - CHECK!!
  • New conductor for La Crosse Symphony - ON IT'S WAY!!
  • New CD from Beastie Boys - CHECK!!
So not bad, still waiting for:
  • Exit strategy from Iraq - won't get that till after the next elections.
  • New Studio CDs from Garbage and U2
  • Lower Gas Prices.... giving up on this one
  • No cowbell and no hula-hoop either.
  • And no date with Britney... found someone even better though!
  • Vicinity reunion.... will they ever reunite to please their Rochester Fans!?!?!?!?!
Pretty good if I do say so! Santa must like me. I'll have to work on my list for 2007 and send it out tomorrow. I know I'm behind, been that kind of month.

Call me a Grinch, but I'm already sick of the Holiday Music everywhere you go - mainly because it's the same stuff over and over again. My Christmas/Holiday albums that I pull out this time of year?
  • Neil Diamond "Christmas Album" (Volume 1 and 2) - Neil's still kick ass
  • John Denver and the Muppets - before Kermit's voice changed
  • Wynton Marsalis "Cresent City Christmas Card "- the jazz album that I seem to be the only one who likes it
  • Take 6 "He is Christmas" - good stuff yo!
  • Empire Brass "Joy to the World"
  • Elvis "Elvis Christmas Songs" - of course, you need some Elvis!!
Still wondering how to get a Wii this year? Good luck! Don't worry, they're still as fun as last year when they were hard to find! And more fun games are on the way (including Mario Kart for Wii).

Anyway - have a good day! Lots of ice in the midwest, we just got some snow up here in Minnesota with more on the way..... definitely a White Christmas.

Haiku of the Day -
Hating the excess
Snow, work, commercials, music...
I know, I'm a Grinch!


Entertainment of the Day - Movie #2 from this weekend - Superbad. Yes, this movie is pretty funny. Yes, the movie can at times be "over the top" with it's crude humor. Better than Knocked Up but not nearly as good as 40 Year Old Virgin. Just one man's opinion. Lots of F-bombs and sexually suggestive commentary throughout!

Weblink of the Day - A cute video that reminds me of my mornings with Mojo when he lived with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Vicinity reunion - WOW. I guess it is possible. Probably going to have to find a new guitar player as I doubt Jason would be back. Everyone else is still around though. I do miss it.

For a blast from the past, you can still access the website:
http://www.jason-pettit.com/vicinity/index.htm

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was just rockin out to Neil Diamond (not his Christmas Album though) on my way to Rochester today!!!