Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday Friday Friday!!

And a blog today makes 5 BLOGS THIS WEEK!!!! Been a while since that's happened!

Couple of other License plates that were found after yesterday's discussion:

BRRRRR: "car loans to get you through the winter"
CABNFVR: "car loans to get you oot and aboot" (again making fun of northern accent)
HAFPIPE: "car loans for your sick 1080" (I like this one.... 1080 is a move done with the half pipe in X-games - 3 full revolutions or 360 degrees x 3! Not sure I would do this one with a car though!)
HOTDISH: "car loans for your sweetie pie" (they call it a hot dish up here, not a casserole like it was in Iowa)
LEFSA: "car loans for Grandma" (not a big fan of Lefse, and not sure why they spelled it wrong. Thankfully my Grandmas don't make lefse)
LUTEFSK: "car loans for Grandpa" (I don't like fish)
SNOBYRD: "loans for your great escape" (for the people flying south for the winter... smart people)
UFFDA: "loans for Scandahoovians" (common saying up here)
WLDTHNG: "loans for all the hockey fans" (Minnesota Wild)

Ok - enough of that. After some more snow (more on the way this weekend), the Brews Brothers took 5 of 7 last night from the arch enemies (Shooters) in the weird green shirts.

Bonus from yesterday is that my Trail Blazer is once again happy with me. She got new brake pads and rotors all around, new fuel pressure regulator (was leaking gas... no wonder I thought I was smelling gas in the past few weeks), replaced front sway bar pivot links (the rattle I've had in the front for 2+ years), changed front differential (had metal shavings in it!!)... after all that he called to tell me it was done but that they had to keep jumping it to get it started due to a bad battery. 100k miles on original battery (5 years almost on the dot), so I had a new one of those thrown in as well. So yeah, she's happy again! I don't believe in a lot of superstitions, but I do believe that cars have a spirit of some sorts that if you keep them happy, they'll return the favor! Kind of like a car karma or something.

The playoffs have begun in Fantasy Football. I'm the 7th seed and have a tough matchup this weekend. Hoping for a poor showing by Dallas (my opponent has both Romo and Owens!) and a miracle Sunday for the rest of my team! Will know on Monday if I am done for the season or not. College football is on hold till the bowl games, and some interesting NFL matchups this weekend with Pittsburgh and New England the biggest attention grabber. Good weekend to get caught up around the house and on some new movies!

Haiku of the Day
White Christmas this year
As long as it doesn't stop
My Florida flight


Entertainment of the Day - I suggested THIS VIDEO but Pat suggested THIS VIDEO.... see which one you like more. And you'll have no doubt which one of us is cooler!!

Weblink of the Day - Looking for that last second Holiday present for your loved one? Something that says "I love you and Christmas isn't the same without you?"... try one of these Star Wars tattoos that say "I'm crazy and want everyone to know it". Or some rhino poop..... seriously!

No comments: