Monday, December 10, 2007

Keeping You Distracted Since 2005

Happy Birthday to Pitzen (not Titzen) - it was yesterday....

I finished my trim work Saturday - pretty easy stuff to do given the right equipment! So I think my house "upgrades" are finally done for now, with some minor framing to do yet. Otherwise, the house is finally at full "show and tell" status.

More snow this past weekend which kept the annoying crowds to a minimum on Saturday night while I tried to do some Christmas shopping. I was able to watch a nice long day of football on Sunday.... always a good thing!

And as the 7th seed in the Fantasy Football playoffs, I took out the #2 seed, 133-74!!! A win next week will guarantee some money!

And with all that extra time this weekend, here's what I found while surfing the web (all aimed at delaying your "work" for Monday morning):

Christmas Carol quiz, how well do you know the lyrics to the Holiday songs you are hearing all over as you shop??? I only scored a 78% on the quiz! Guess I'm used to playing the songs, not actually singing them. That and I've been known to make up my own lyrics from time to time to make them more humorous!

How well do you know your sugar cereals from the past 20 years (or more)? I pulled out an 80 on this one which goes to show that I either ate too much sugar cereal as a kid (not really the case) or I watched too many commercials during my cartoon years that always focus on cereal it seems.

Funny commercial for Skittles (my all time favorite candy) that I keep watching over and over and continuing to laugh!!



For those who still remember Kellie Pickler (American Idol/Idiot with an IQ of maybe 20). Here's a video to make you cringe to know she's making millions of dollars yet is MUCH dumber than a 5th grader:



And my favorite find from the weekend.... a horrific pageant entry involving dancing and Star Wars played on the trumpet. Too bad they use her full name so she'll never be able to run and hide! Love the choreography!!



Haiku of the Day
Concert this weekend
Holiday music again:(
A performing whore


Entertainment of the Day - Another nice thing about slow weekends is the ability to get caught up on movies. First off was Ocean's 13 which was a huge improvement over Ocean's 12. Pretty good flick overall and much more reminiscent of the first one. I still think Bernie Mac is the best of all of them:)

Weblink of the Day
- Wondering what cartoons I watched growing up (and still have a tendency to watch the animated stuff), here is one person's analysis of the theme songs to 15 cartoons. Funny how when compared, He-man and Transformers did have horrible intros. And I think DuckTails was so popular based on the theme song!

No comments: