Tuesday, December 18, 2007

On The 7th Day Before Christmas.....

One week and counting... what am I counting you may wonder?? Well it's Christmas morning, but not due to Santa Clause reasons - it's because that's when my flight to Florida for a week in the Sun leaves!!

A wonderful weekend with the Girlfriend and friends in La Crosse/Madison. The concerts went well with a surprisingly large audience in attendance on Saturday night. I usually don't enjoy Christmas Concerts due to the SAME music pretty much played every year. This year's program seemed less painful than in years past so I didn't have a totally whore-ific experience for December 2007! (yes, i spelled it wrong on purpose.... think about it). Next concert is Groundhog's Day in February, I will enjoy the time off.

I'm in Chicago enjoying some time with my hot girlfriend. She is now an owner of her first Coach purse (a real one... what kind of bad boyfriend would buy his girlfriend a fake Coach purse!) and I am now the owner of a kick ass digital picture frame for my desk at work and a pretty sweet Garmin GPS system. I'm still learning the ins and outs the GPS system - but the picture frame has wireless capabilities built in so I can download pictures from my Kodak account, or transfer pictures from my laptop all done over wireless! Pretty cool stuff!

Best present though was Sarah scoring us some Bulls vs Lakers Tickets for TONIGHT here at the United Center!!! I know this matchup would have been better back in the 1990s, but it's still neat to be going to my first Bulls Game! I've been on the floor of the United Center (for U2 concerts) where Jordan and Pippen hit 1000s of shots - plus been in the upper deck for yet another U2 concert - AND been to a BlackHawks game (St. Patty's day many years ago with a free Green hat)... but never a Bulls game. I'm pretty pumped! Sarah and I went to look for a Bulls hat to wear, but all of the NBA hats we saw were what I would call "gangsta" style! What happened to the day of normal hats? So no hat tonight unless I see one at the game. And for the 99.9% of you who don't follow the NBA in the post-Jordan era.... the Bulls are 8-13 (4th from last in the East but still 6 games AHEAD of the Timberwolves overall) and the hated Lakers are 14-9 (4th in the West) with the biggest Ball Hog in the NBA!

Speaking of big wins though, the Vikings made me proud last night to have won against the Bears and continue the miracle turn around season that it has been! GO VIKINGS!!!

Anyway, I'll be back in Rochester tomorrow sometime - pray for NO MORE SNOW!!!

Link of an interesting movie on the Earth and resources: http://www.storyofstuff.com/

No comments: