Friday, July 31, 2009

Sick in Taiwan

Note that it says "in" not "of" in the title. It's still in the mid to upper 90s this week (106 today with Heat Index) but I managed to catch a cold. I think the worst of it was on Thursday but I'm back in the office today (wearing my mask as is the polite thing to do when you are sick). Luckily I have very little plans for the weekend which should allow me to continue healing and avoiding the heat/humidity.

Another month closes. The next time we role over to a new month, I'll be on my way home! ETA to arrive in Rochester is Sept 2, just in time for bowling season to start! Also in time to watch a successful football season from my beloved Cyclones. Bring on a National Championship!!!

The World Games completed earlier this week without any troubles. Taiwan also has the Deaflympics starting in September, so they're doing what they can to remain on the world stage! No, Taiwan could not handle the full Olympics at this point (or ever in my opinion). It's good for tourism though and of course for bringing in revenue to the country. The government is doing a lot lately to try to increase world awareness and bring an interest in traveling to Taiwan. I encourage anyone who wants to "see Asia" but is afraid of the 3rd World concept of squattie potties (if you've used one, you know what I mean) and unhealthy food - come to Taiwan. You can still use squatties, but it is much more comfortable for the first time Westerner traveler.

I'm working on uploading some videos from this past weekend for your enjoyment. Stay tuned.

No comments: