Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back in Earthquake Land

I'm back in Taipei after a busy yet fun trip to the US! It's my last time to go back and forth via plane - and a good thing, I forgot how much I don't fit into coach class on most planes. Thankfully I was bumped up to business class for flying to the US, just wish I was as lucky coming back. It was also nice experiencing temperatures under 80 degrees for one last time till September. I miss the Minnesota summer, especially when it's a "cool" one like this year!

Sarah and I had fun visiting friends and at the wedding (no, not our wedding) - just a lot of driving around the mid-west. I'm working on the pictures now, gives me something to do with the jetlag.

There were some major earthquakes this week in Taipei, a couple causing buildings to sway and requiring some emergency vehicles to be deployed. I was still in Iowa at that time of the "big" one, but there was another tremor this afternoon that had some slight swaying here at my apartment.

As you can see, this is my last leg of my assignment in Taiwan. Only 46 days left till I head home. The time will go quickly, but still lots to cram into these last 7 weeks! Then a new facelift is in order for my blog page:)

Have a good Thursday!

No comments: